Quality signs since 1959

(804) 737-2189

A little history of Norvell Signs

Buddy Norvell, founder of Norvell Signs, began hand lettering in the army, while stationed in Fort Benning, Georgia.  Upon returning to Richmond in 1953, he worked for a local sign company to better his talent.  He began working for himself, out of his father's garage, in 1959.  Five years later he moved the business to its' current location on Nine Mile Road, where he continued to only do hand lettering.  It wasn't until 1974 he decided to expand the business and start fabricating lighted signs.


Today, the business continues to be family owned and operated by Buddy's sons, Danny and Dwayne Norvell.  Norvell Signs has continued to grow over the past 50 years and is now a full service sign company, offering customers anything from vehicle lettering to fabricating and installing more complex lighted signage. 


It is our family tradition to serve the community in every way possible.  We are proud to donate our services to many local organizations and schools, such as VCU Athletics, New Bridge Baptist Church, Chickahominy YMCA, Varina High School, Highland Springs High School, Lee Davis High School, Sandston Rotary Club and Henrio East Rotary Club.


We are also current and long time members of the Virginia Sign Association and International Sign Association.